Wednesday 18 July 2007

Missing our Home (POEM)

Sometimes I wonder,
Years you never go back,
All alone, adrift, aloof, apart,
Sometimes I wonder if you ever thought,
That this was ever your home,
Yet something creeps up to my soul,
I feel a chill that I never use to,
A sense of cold shiver, a feeling of alienation,
That's because its just a four sided wall,
With none or little warmth, no laughter, no emotions,
All blanked out, all sapped into these walls.
Where did you go? I wonder, I wanted you to come back,
But maybe, just maybe I was asking for something different,
Because you're there, and I want to be there,
Even if its a tent, but I can start to feel that glow,
I guess, I still miss that house, but I'm missing you,
Because you and I together, make a home,
Yeah, that's it, I just want to be back with you,
To any place, where we can call it a home.


------
I stumbled upon a site called poetry.com today, and I enjoyed my visit there, because of the vast amount of poetry that I could enjoy there. Its nice, and its fun.

This poem, has a profound meaning to me, because it matters to everyone that I've met in my path, irregardless of who you are. It can be you, it may be you. How you feel is different, but if you feel compelled to write something in response, please do so. Its something that came up within myself, I think this is one of the shortest poems that I've ever wrote / expressed.

Maybe I can have more poems coming out, if I'm silent enough to repress all all my words. Maybe.



April 27th 2007

No comments: