Wednesday 25 July 2007

Hey Friend! Here! Here!

Friend...

Did you know that I think of you as a friend?
Maybe not eh? Its alright if you don't treat me like one,
Let me earn that keep, so I won't take it for granted.

But you know, friend...
If you're a planet, I'm just a passing comet, that just fly wheezing past you for a moment.
I wish I could stay longer, but its alright, let's make up for the loss time.

You know, if you're under fire,
and you're strapped down in the bunker, or that foxhole
Reach out to the radio. Dial in.
You've got me, I've got all the arsenal trained on wherever you want me to shoot at;
Barrages of bullets, bombs, missiles, flares, anything...

I have nothing to offer, but if you permit,
I would like to smile at you always.
Or at least make you smile.
You know, that's what I think I'll like to do as a friend,
At least let me help you to get you a smile of happiness.

Sometimes its kinda tiring,
Especially if things get repeated too many times,
But hey, Just call if you need my hand again,
I'll stretch it longer, I'll hold out longer, and grip with more power.
I promise that. =)

And yeah, yeah, I know, I know...
I've got a mouth that pierces even the deaf,
Confuses even the great Confucious himself,
and definitely annoys even the most patience of all
But hey, hey... I'm on your side, you know?

Sometimes I feel like an alien,
Sometimes I feel so light and high like a paper riding on wind,
Sometimes I feel so great, at times so down,
Sometimes I feel it, that urge to really go all out,
Everytime, when you need me, gimme a holler.

Because I'll be there for you, and I'll make sure I'll do all I could do.
Because I'm the Transporter, I'm the Joker, and I'm certainly Badi,
Because I deliver, I'm the all-licensed Fool, and I'm certainly being myself.
Because why? I'm your friend. That's why. Don't ask why.
Because I'm definitely treating you like a friend, even if you don't ask for it.

1 comment:

Praveen said...

very impressive and sincere. I would like to start poetry too but how do i do it.

Praveen.
spraveenitpro.livejournal.com