Wednesday 18 July 2007

Addiction to the springtime of well being.

I'm going to ask you some questions. Will you drink from the springtime of youth? Will you get addicted to it? What if I tell you, physical youth cannot be sustained even from drinking from this fountain? Will you still want to drink it? Will you still get addicted?

I already found my spring. Its an abode where only I can truly revel and prosper. Mine comes from music. Music that are so touching and moving that it can even revive the dead. I'm talking not just about 'Trance' genre, but also other genres and other forms. Music is known to be the food for the soul, some induces poison, some gives pleasure, some are tasty, some aren't, some are fulfilling, some just makes you want more.

Irregardless of its substance and its consequence, the ultimate characteristic of music for me is clear; I am seriously too addicted to music, to the point that I get withdrawals from hearing none.

Since the night me, Zorro, Mael, Nobi, and Adi went 'overnight' in places around Kuala Lumpur, my Creative ZEN Micro had stopped working. Until yesterday, that is.. When I finally figured a way how to charge the battery without having to install the ZEN MICRO drivers into any computer, and better still I can do it without having to turn it off, just 'lock', plug, and wait. The down point is that, I can't really shuffle while in this charging mode, but for something that's RM340, I can't be any happier.

Still, let's get back to the topic. I will ask other questions again. Now, imagine the music starts. Have you seen yourself floating outside you, as if there is an invisible you that steps right out of your physical shell, and without even turning back, does things that in your dreams and fantasy only capable of? And then, when the music
stops, it makes you feel slightly depressed. You're in wanting for more. Aha, you're having a slight addiction too, I see. And wait, there's more! You begin to seek out other music, and you listen... And somehow, this time.. It soothes you. It charges you. It hypes, it psyches, and then.. it strikes! Like a 'ding' in a microwave oven, you feel you can take the world head on, ala' a matador flagging a red bull down. Oh wait, there's no need to flag it, you now feel so good, that you can actually see yourself holding the charging bull back right by the horns! Come on!

And before you realize it, yes.. yes... You start to hear the victory song in your head.. And it gets louder, and louder... and the next task at hand comes along...And off you whizz to get it done.. and then.. another song comes rolling... You get psyched again, you feel the joy, just like a stimpak, you can feel the power surge, you can feel that you're going to make it, even if you're in the deepest emotional pit. Yes, the abyss that's left in the wake, but no wonder, you seek another song to fill in the void, and it gets smaller... Until gradually after some time, it gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger....

And you find yourself humming, and then making your own rhymes, making your own tunes, and you whistle to it, and you shake your body to it... And you feel revived again, and you feel you can again, push another one step forward, charge one more time in the battle that is imminent, and you can do many things more.

That is... My friend... The potential of music. So moving, so deadly, yet so powerful that even the dead could be revived, yes.. In my opinion... Only in my opinion, should you say...Yet the possibility exist!

If you see music the way I see it, and you also experience the 'addiction', quench it, with the right music. Learn to find your appetite, and what makes you going, what keeps you relaxed, what gives you the energy, what makes you feel 'its going to be okay', and many other.

And while some of you are at it, and while I rant enough, I'll go ride on my Moskito, and...Treat myself to a wonderful journey of "Trance" genre music. Maybe Aarmin Van Buuren, maybe Tiesto, or some Andy Hunter, or probably Robert Miles... Ah, I can hear the tune for "Tenshi" coming again from Gouryella.

No comments: