Wednesday 18 July 2007

Dance of the moskito (part 1)

It began when I traveled back home from Midvalley, yesterday. (6th March 2007)
I was in Midvalley to get a brand new organizer + planner, and one I did. (And I was actually tempted to leave behind my "God Passes By" and hope that someone will pick it up LOL!)

But so, let it be. So I was on the way back, and I stopped at one traffic junction. Then, that's where it all started.

A swarm of Moskito 125RXs, 4 of them. All side by side, and they had "parked" right in front of me. The moment the lights turned yellow, we all moved, in a one straight line, accelerating in a mild manner as to avoid rogue motorcyclists "rempit-ting" from crashing into us, or that's how I perceived the situation to be. Seconds later, a clear line was made, and as if it was an understanding among all of us, we all lined in one line, and I was the second last in the group.

We literally danced on the streets. Our scooters swirved from the left to the right, to and fro, right on the curves of the road, drawing our own lines, drawing our own paths, zig zag motions. The motors whirled into life, with their distinctive dBs, all having their unique tunes, and so did mine. It wasn't hard to keep in trail, nor was it hard at all to keep up with the pace. After all, scooterists are scooterists. We ride, we fly. And these are no "Aedes". (the scooter tuner group legendary for tuning and using Moskito 125RX models).

It so happened that I really enjoyed scooting, say, at 70-80KMph, no one can say that they're not amused. For a Moskito scooterist, having our scooters capped at 100KMph max, its definitely like staring at a bar that says "scooter running at 80% engine maximum capacity, with 78.39% engine efficiency". Irregardless, the 20 minute journey home was wonderful.

A swarm of Moskitos, attack! Its time to ride!

Then again, I just realized that the back tyre of mine is already starting to get exhausted.


March 7, 2007

No comments: