Wednesday 18 July 2007

December 2006 recapped

Everytime I get to post, something happens, and it never gets posted. Since 1st December 2006. No, even earlier. Just like last night, after a long comprehensive post which I left unattended, another friend who "hijacked" my computer to use the internet conveniently closed all firefox, including the contents. I was tempted to choose Opera after that, but... Oh well... No point fretting over it. I might as well post, then edit.

Anyways, back to the idea of this post; to post what had happened since 1st of December 2006, after my "mysterious" dissapearance and reappearance in various cities around Klang Valley area.

Basically from 1st to 4th of December I was in Bukit Beruntung for an IPSA camp meant for undergraduates. It was conducted by a NFO NGO (Not for profit Non-Governmental Organization) which goes by the name of S.E.D.S Malaysia [Social and Economic Development Services Malaysia]. It was a wonderful course, and of course certain curtain raisers, eyebrow raising questions were asked, and I have no clues to the answer, save the remark about 2 important clues which I've shared with some of the Baha'i online community here at
http://z8.invisionfree.com/bahaiyouthmsia, under my very own thread which I started, by yours truly. Quote of the camp? Quantum Mechanics & Edward de Bono's famous "In pretense of thinking" analogy. And not to mention we've got a Queen too xD

In any case, on the 8-10th December I was in Singapore, much not to my irritation and a personal satisfaction at the same time, irritated because I could have chosed to go to a Baha'i Junior Youth Camp in Melaka (before it got flooded), and also the addition to the fact that because I didn't bring enough cash so I chose to hole up inside my own bunker in the backpacker's hostel. Irregardless, I was tired, and I didn't had the mood to party. The IPSA camp had really drained my energy (but at this point forward, right in the present I never would have imagined beyond my wildest imagination that I would have been invited into the second camp as a co-coordinator) and I didn't felt like partying, although on the plus side, I managed to strike up chats and conversations with lots of backpackers. Eventually in the state of thoughts that I often transcended into (thanks to the fact that the backpackers have very little distraction), I actually gathered up to some clues to the big questions, which again I posted at the site which I posted just now. From there I gained some enlightments, but not to the extent of the full force of what's to come, when after some days later I went around backpacking and ended up in Unc Liu Man San and Aunty Doreen's house.

During the course of my stay, I think I found lots of deepening, although most of it came by means of unorthodox methods, and indulging oneself in a visual feast of Discovery and National Geographic is something good. I don't think I ever had a better time with a tele than this one.

IPSA camp 2 came on 27th-30th December 2006. It was considered a success, although it would be the benchmark for a "least successful camp" with passing the bare minimum requirements. At least the G27 has now changed name to G39, in honour of all the 39 graduates of IPSA module one, until we can find a name. (updated, still no name as per today, but we've got few nice names)

In regards to pre and post 31st December 2006, this was what I could recall:

I had a mediocre Christmas, because I celebrated it alone in the room, although I think I would have loved to ask a certain individual out. Still I wonder how that individual is right now.

As for new Year, I think I'll just post it in another point where I'll list out my public list of resolutions, although I just survived a major accident (miraculously) with only some deep abrasions. The wound has healed, but the scar will remain there permanently.

But that doesn't mean I'll cease to live.



January 5th, 2007.

(The wounds have healed by the date posted [Jan 5th])

No comments: